Well, the time has come that I, Rachael Diehl have to take a plane ride with a 6 1/2 month old (luckily not alone on the way there). I still breastfeed, so that's what everyone is telling me to do the whole time and plus I was told I can give him benadryl too!!!! We're going home to Vegas for my 10 year high school reunion! This should be interesting, but should be very fun! I'm actually really excited! 6 months have gone by and Wakely is now eating his first veggie (carrots) and loves them!! He's somewhat saying 2 syllable bla blas! :) His 2 bottom teeth are out and about and the other 2 top are trying to come in and it's not fun! I can imagine what my mom and dad had to go through!! they say it always comes back to haunt you when you have kids about what your own parents had to go through! :) But we are doing fine! He's wanting to sit up more on his own and start banging stuff around, throws his hands around and pretty much acting like a "man" in the bath-tub.. hehehe....He's growing very fast, but I'm enjoying every minute i get to stay home with him. It's such a blessing to be able to stay home. On some levels, I don't know how working moms (away from home) take care of things as much I as I have taken care of things being home all day long! I am always busy and I only have about 3 hours total of the day to take care of laundry, food, cleaning, dog and cat pick up. We live in an apartment still, and it's upstairs, so I have to take the dog out on a regular basis, and 2 times a day I take Wakely and the dog for about a 45 minute walk each day until it gets way too cold, but the weather is so beautiful now, I can't help but be outside, and the dog and baby both love it as well........ I'm sure I'll post something else after the Vegas trip, but I can't wait to see everyone again and make up on past times!!!!! I didn't think I would be married with a kid before now, but I made it! C-ya round! RD
p.s. the pic above was taken 9/18/08 on robs 35th b-day at the coca cola museum in down town Atlanta, GA.
No comments:
Post a Comment